What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing TruTrak A/P

paulsteger

I'm New Here
I am installing a TruTrak A/P. TruTrak was bought by Bendix King which renamed their products, though I think no other changes were made to the products. I ordered the rv6 install kit but the installation instructions only include drawings, not step by step what to do. The drawings lack detail, esp. with how the roll servo is mounted, with mention of a reinforcing plate but not showing where it goes exactly. Bendix King says they only have drawings. Is that true, or did they lose them in their huge conglomerate. I know they have step by step instructions for RV 10's. Any help would be appreciated.

I only had the drawings for my install kit, years ago

As I recall, looking at the drawings, I installed the mounting plate to the floor, under the seat, left side, using #8 screws and nuts from the underside. They leave you with a kind of "field engineering" understanding. My install went great and the TT Vizion works really wonderful with my AFS5600T and G650 setup.

Ron

Drawings are it

There never were step by step instructions. We did the drawings many moons ago and honestly just never really got around to creating step by step instructions.

Technically speaking the strengthening plate was designed to mount externally, but MANY have been mounted internally with great success. It'll work great either way.

Thanks Andrew. I thought B/K was maybe blowing me off.Your answer and the other one too cleared things up for me.

Back