What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 530 nav data

airtoby

When going from Jeppesen Nav, terrain, & other databases to Garmin data on a 530 And a G500 Is there any concern or should it be a straight forward update. I bought the new USB adapter from Garmin. I just don’t want to cause a Problem that will require a repair at Garmin Etc

Airtoby

I switched the RV from Jepp to Garmin data and had no issues at all. I helped a friend do the reverse last month, also no issues. The boxes don't seem to care where the data comes from.

GNS Database Card

When going from Jeppesen Nav, terrain, & other databases to Garmin data on a 530 And a G500 Is there any concern or should it be a straight forward update. I bought the new USB adapter from Garmin. I just don’t want to cause a Problem that will require a repair at Garmin Etc

Airtoby

As mentioned above, there will be no changes other than the data card programmer you use to transfer the databases from your computer to the data card. There are no configuration side settings on the GNS that need to be adjusted.

Thanks,

Justin

Back