What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch and GTS800 issues after firmware update

ALMARTON

Well Known Member
Hi folks,

Recent firmware updates (from 7.00 onward) I have been experiencing issues with trafic information from GTS800 within G3X interface. It became erratic but most time was up showing traffic data.

Now after update 8.71 after fixing XPDR CONFIG ERROR setting antenna offset fied to some value I got the XPDR back functioning but the traffic data was shown only in part of the first flight and became non functional short after never coming to work again...

So I ask:

1 - Does anyone has such issue?

2 - What may be the cause for that? How to fix it, can I do it myself? (I live in BRAZIL does not know any repair shops near me , please advise)

3 - Is that possible to do a firmware roll back to version 7.00 or any?

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Solution yet!

Did you find an answer or solution to this issue! I’m seeing something similar or so I think.

Hello Gaylon,

I did fix the transponder not working but the GTS800 is still showing NO DATA or TRAFFIC UNAVAIABLE.

I still has no reply form G3X Experts if this (GTS800) has to be updated through the serial port bus and how to do it OR if it is possible to roll back the G3X firmware to an earlier compatible version (where all worked)

Do you have the same problem? XPRD is working (after antenna parameter setup) but no communication or trafic through GTS800 and G3X?

Are you from USA? (I'm from Brazil)

Same

My Transponder is working but I have similar issues for what the GTS800 is displaying. If there is an update required for the GTS then a dealer will need to do it. I am still sorting out what the true issue is since I had the GTN750 controlling and displaying the GTS800 traffic but once I connected the GDU4xx then things started to go bad and now I have a FAIL on the GTN750 traffic screen. I suspect there is a software issue on the GTS since mine has never been updated since delivery 7 years ago. I am in the USA and will be reaching out to the Garmin folks via phone on Monday. I will mention you are having same issue, likely, and IF i find out anything I will let you know. I also want to understand how the GTS800 and GTN are supposed to wired, that is paper that no one will provide that I a aware of other than dealers and Garmin. My fingers are crossed we can get a solution to this.

Hi Gaylon many thanks for your reply and all your help if you could mention my case also to Garmin representatives on Monday!

My case is almost the same as yours.

I've got a GDU4xx and a GTN650 but what displays the GTS 800 traffic is the TRF interface in the G3X Touch, I THINK the GTN650 may have some participation (wiring) on that set but if it does or what I don't know cause I never seen or used any GTN traffic screen (if such exists I ignore until now).

What I know is that after the firmware update the GTS 800 does not send traffic to G3X TRF interface , it only says NO DATA or TRAFFIC UNAVAIABLE. The GTN now is just accusing it also, a simple message (no traffic avaiable)

I also wonder if I have to update GTS 800 software, GTN650 or both and how to do it here.

The simpler solution should be a G3X touch firmware roll back to earlier version I think 6 or something , I do loose some updates but not my traffic ! Can you ask it it is possible?

If you could mention this with them and reply back to me I'll be most glad and in debt with ya.

I've got geographical and language barriers think you can help much better than if I try it alone.

By the way I saw your RV10 site (homepage) and WOW!! Very nice plane! Way to go.

I thank you in advance!

Alexandre Marton.

Last edited:
GTS 800

Hi Gaylon many thanks for your reply and all your help if you could mention my case also to Garmin representatives on Monday!

My case is almost the same as yours.

I've got a GDU4xx and a GTN650 but what displays the GTS 800 traffic is the TRF interface in the G3X Touch, I THINK the GTN650 may have some participation (wiring) on that set but if it does or what I don't know cause I never seen or used any GTN traffic screen (if such exists I ignore until now).

What I know is that after the firmware update the GTS 800 does not send traffic to G3X TRF interface , it only says NO DATA or TRAFFIC UNAVAIABLE. The GTN now is just accusing it also, a simple message (no traffic avaiable)

I also wonder if I have to update GTS 800 software, GTN650 or both and how to do it here.

The simpler solution should be a G3X touch firmware roll back to earlier version I think 6 or something , I do loose some updates but not my traffic ! Can you ask it it is possible?

If you could mention this with them and reply back to me I'll be most glad and in debt with ya.

I've got geographical and language barriers think you can help much better than if I try it alone.

By the way I saw your RV10 site (homepage) and WOW!! Very nice plane! Way to go.

I thank you in advance!

Alexandre Marton.

Good Morning Guys,

We are sorry to hear you are both having issues with your GTS 800 installation. We can review your installations with you and help to identify a resolution. I will reach out to you directly via email this morning to get things going.

Thanks,

Justin

Back