What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weighed my RV-7 Today

pilot28906

Well Known Member
I had my RV-7 weighed today and it came in at:

501 left main
489 right main
65 TW
1055 Total

This is with paint, IO-360-M1B, Catto 3-Blade +20 lb crush plate, Fly LED lights, Duckworks halogen landing lights, GRT Sport EX, GRT EIS, Garmin 200 com, Garmin Transponder, FL Interiors Seats, and no interior.

I am pleased with the weights.:)

I love to see them come out light. :D

Who needs interiors anyway. :)

(If you fancy a fancy interior then fine. But I like mine minamilist and light )

501 left main
489 right main
65 TW
1055 Total
This is with paint, IO-360-M1B, Catto 3-Blade +20 lb crush plate, Fly LED lights, Duckworks halogen landing lights, GRT Sport EX, GRT EIS, Garmin 200 com, Garmin Transponder, FL Interiors Seats, and no interior.

Good job. You should be pleased!

501 left main
489 right main
65 TW
1055 Total

You have every right to be pleased, you will have a fine performing RV-7. Your first launch in cold weather with a light fuel load will result in a super-sized 'RV Grin'. :)

It is unfortunate that many builders will never know the delight of flying a light RV.

Last edited:
I will weigh my 7 this month for the first time. I am afraid that she is on the heavy side of the spectrum. It seems that the interieur has a big impact on the scale...?

A full interior doesn?t have to be heavy. Here are the materials I used for lining the walls, floor, luggage locker, and I cloth covered my seats which is about 1/3rd the weight or less compared to leather.

walls self adhesive "fossliner" 340gsm, baggage and seat pan with 490gsm Spectropile and forward floor with Autex Reef 800gsm

Tom.
RV-7, External paint, Internal primer, sika slider+supertracks, full interior, G3X/IFR, big tires, Hartzell CS alloy prop, IO-360 = 1113lbs

Back