What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Erratic Engine indications

Brent 801

I'm in phase one testing with my new RV-14A. I have a persistent problem with MAP and Fuel Pressure indications simultaneously becoming erratic after about 30 minutes of flight. MAP begins fluctuating about .5 inch while FP fluctuates about 4 PSI. I've checked all connectors on the Stein built harnesses and they look fine. I've replaced the MAP sensor and tested the FP sensor with regulated air pressure. I've had 2 A&Ps and an avionics tech look over my installation. I'm about to replace the GEA-24.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Brent

likely checked

You probably already checked, but would ask if you have the modified oil/fuel restrictor fitting on the fuel pressure port. I have also seen -3 hose used for manifold pressure as opposed to -4. Curious what size hose you have.

Of note, I am not flying yet and simply offering areas that may be a factor based upon internet research alone.

Fluctuating MAP on G3X

I had a problem with MAP becoming erratic as the engine RPM approached 2400 RPM. My MAP line was installed per Van's plans on an IO-360-Axxx engine.

Garmin recommends installing an Omega Engineering PS-8G snubber/restrictor on the MAP line at the transducer.

B

Back