What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

California Custom Purple Metal Polish

BHunt

Well Known Member
34i4bgl.jpg
I decided to try polishing as long as I could stand it. I don?t need a show quality finish so thought I?d give CA Customs Purple Polish a try.

I've had similar results. Polished the horizontal stabilizer on our Glasair Sportsman in about 20 minutes. Couldn't believe how much black stuff came off that little bit of aluminum.

It has stood up pretty well, having received its first re-touch today when I wiped off the rain drop residue from flying in the rain last Monday.

I'm quite impressed with this product and acknowledge that I don't want an award-winning shine. I think this stuff will be plenty good enough for my purposes (and my patience level!).

Can you provide some more details.... like how it was applied.... How was it buffed ...etc. looking to shine up my newly completed RV12

Jeff - the easiest "how to" description can be found on youtube - just go there and search on California Custom Purple Polish.

I followed the directions on the label of the bottles. Applied the cleaner first, then the polish, completely in accordance with their directions. Amazing shine for so little effort. And the shine lasts.

i have met roger,the owner, at snf. a great guy and the easiest polish i have seen work. he does a demonstration on a spinner that will blow your mind. no machine needed. just use use light hand pressure. they have a deoxidizer too that should be used before the final polish. let the cloth get black as it can. a clean cloth for final shine. thats it. i still like paint. :)
P1020279.jpg

I polished the top of my wings and the fuselage with California Custom. But then I was swayed by the dark side and I went to the full on cyclo polishing.

In this first image the entire wing was polished with California Custom, then the left side (outboard) was polished with Nuvite using a buffer and a cyclo machine. The California Custom left a slight yellow luster to the aluminum and you can see how clear the Nuvite polish worled.

5kmvx2.jpg

To be fair I only went over the wing once with California Custom. Had I gone over it a few more times the results would have been better. Here is the completed wing.

120kruw.jpg

I used a 8? foam polishing pad on a corded drill for the polish and a hand buff. I did use the de-ox as well.

I sent a request to California Custom Products asking if there was Silicone in the deoxidizer or their purple polish. Mike responded promptly and said there was no silicone in either one.

Back