What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Interior Help

Hi,

I just bought a 2012 RV-8 2 weeks ago. I am keeping it at 52F. The exterior is really clean looking, but I want to update the interior. I'm going to have Walt install a Garmin glass cockpit and I ordered the Aviator seats from Classic Aero. The rest of the interior is just the bare metal. I would like to black it out with carpet, paint, armrests, side panels, etc. Would appreciate any help in directing me to someone who could upgrade the interior for me. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Hey Chris,

Thanks so much for the info. I will definitely reach out to Abby. What about paint? Do you know anyone who has painted the metal surfaces on the interior? Thanks,

Mark

Hey Chris,

Thanks so much for the info. I will definitely reach out to Abby. What about paint? Do you know anyone who has painted the metal surfaces on the interior? Thanks,

Mark

Check with Glo Custom on the airport (52F) to see if they can help. Otherwise, everybody I know of (including me) painted the interior themselves. I seem to recall I used PPG Concept paint available from auto supply stores such as English Color. One coat primer, one coat finish. Very durable.

Chris

+1 for FlightLine Interiors

Mark:

Check with Abby at Flightline Interiors
http://www.flightlineinteriors.com/storefront . She has carpeting and sidewalls in a variety of colors and materials that should cover most everything.

Welcome to 52F.

Chris

+1 for Abby at FlightLine Interiors.
Great work, fits nicely. Side panels, arm rests, stick boots, seat pockets, custom embroidery, she’ll do whatever you want done.

Hi,

I also have Classic Aero Aviator seats and the sidepanels as well as the armrests and carpet from Abby. To have matching colors I`ve asked Classic Aero to send the raw material (vinyl for the sidepanels and leather for the rear seat headrest) to Abby. It came out perfect! Both companies do a outstanding job.

Yves

I painted my interior with rattle can Rustoleum. The silver hammered look stuff. I'm sure that using two part urethane is better but I'm happy with what I have for the money I spent (maybe 2-3 cans of the Rustoleum). If I was going to build again, I'd seriously consider just using a epoxy primer coat (light gray probably) and maybe a clear coat over that in certain areas. You can get the 2K clear coat in rattle can format and I've found that while not cheap, it's very easy to use and convenient.

Interior Help

Hi,

I just bought a 2012 RV-8 2 weeks ago. I am keeping it at 52F. The exterior is really clean looking, but I want to update the interior. I'm going to have Walt install a Garmin glass cockpit and I ordered the Aviator seats from Classic Aero. The rest of the interior is just the bare metal. I would like to black it out with carpet, paint, armrests, side panels, etc. Would appreciate any help in directing me to someone who could upgrade the interior for me. Thanks in advance!

Mark

What state are you in? I do upholstery in Minnesota

Back