What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin VIRB 30 Ultra availability

Draker

Well Known Member
All of a sudden, Garmin's VIRB 30 cameras seem to be out of stock everywhere and reportedly discontinued. Does anyone know what happened, and if there are any remaining sources of these cameras? I really liked the feature set of this camera for application in an RV, in comparison to the GoPros, and just as I try to buy, they've disappeared!

Anyone from Garmin know what's up with this product?

Looks like the "Aviation bundle" is still available on Amazon, but not the base model. Accessories like the powered mount are also hard to come by all of a sudden, too.

Virb ultra 30

Too bad, these are great cameras. I have one mounted on the upper forward rollbar looking forward that bluetooths to the GMA-245 audio panel. Two more are mounted on the upper aft fuselage just behind the rear seat. These are connected to the intercom via a special dual cable made by Pilot Communications. And with my backup Garmin Aera 660 I can start and stop the recording of all 3 paired cameras right at my fingertips.

Audio quality is excellent in these cameras. Perhaps Garmin is finally going to come out with a 360 camera with Bluetooth to record cockpit audio. They do make a Virb 360 but no external mic capability.

Last edited:
VIRB Ultra 30

All of a sudden, Garmin's VIRB 30 cameras seem to be out of stock everywhere and reportedly discontinued. Does anyone know what happened, and if there are any remaining sources of these cameras? I really liked the feature set of this camera for application in an RV, in comparison to the GoPros, and just as I try to buy, they've disappeared!

Anyone from Garmin know what's up with this product?

The VIRB Ultra 30 can still be purchased as part of the aviation bundle, here is a link to the product page: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/577075.

Thanks,

Justin

Back