What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control System Interference

ethand

Well Known Member
I am looking for a bit of direction and ideas from the VAF think-tank.

I posted a few days ago about my stick grip contacting the throttle. I think I have the mostly resolved or a path forward (waiting on parts). But as I work towards certification I came across another issue.

The nuts on the F-1065 Pushrod assembly contact the F-1033 bearing holder assembly (section 39 page 7 and 8). This happens when aileron is at full deflection and elevator is full aft. What adjustments do I have for this?

Both ailerons and elevator are rigged per the plans. Elevator is getting full deflection per the plans. I do not see a required deflection for the ailerons? Is that in the plans somewhere? Maybe limiting the ailerons (assuming i have whatever is required for deflection) may help both issues.

At a bit of a loss and would appreciate thoughts

E

Thanks Justin, I looked at that but have yet to try it. Will see if it helps.

Do you know if there is a spec for aileron up and down deflection? I see it for elevator and rudder but not ailerons.

E

It is on pages 1/2 of the Final Inspection and Flight Test section.
I am not sure which kit that section comes with.
Aileron minimum travel Up 25, Down 15 degrees

Thanks Rich!

I was able to flip the bolt that Justin did and cleared bearing holder assembly.

All is clean now, will confirm the aileron travel

E

Back