What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for other RV Ladies

WhirlyGirl

No offense to you Guys out there...I love hanging out with all aviation folk!

I'd like to get together with some ladies occassionally on fly outs. Reply here so we can start a network.

My RV-4 is based at Sutter County Airport (O52) in Northern California.

Cheers!

RV Chick Flights.... I'm in

I'm in for some flying. I'm based in SoCal at L00 and NorCal KWVI. I fly formation and it's a kick.

Looking forward to flying,
Mercedes

35 minutes away!

I'm over at Dayton Valley Airpark (A34), next to Carson City. Looks like 35 RV minutes from O52. We have three different RVs and love to have visitors. Or, we could meet somewhere in between (Truckee?). I'll PM my contact information.

RV Chick Flight

Janette,
Did I meet you at Golden West in Marysvile this past June?

Mercedes
"cougar"

Yes! That was me. I am VERY much looking forward to meeting up with more Ravens and learning how to fly formation.

So, just to clarify for anyone peeking in on this thread...if you are a female pilot (of any type airplane) and would like to meet up on an occasional fly out, then this is for you! If you aren't a pilot but like to hang out and fly, then by all means, this is also for you! We need more women pilots!!!

I realize I'll probably only count the number of female RV pilots on one, maybe two hands...BUT, I'd just like to get some encouragement out there. I'm the Fly Out Coordinator for my local 99s chapter (Sutter Buttes) so I'll post fly out information on here whenever I plan one of our events. I'm hoping 2015 will be a great year for us ladies to get out and FLY!!!

My email is jrhibpshman (at) gmail (dot) com.

Checking in from Vegas

Hi, Ladies! Like Louise, I'm in Nevada - our RV-6 is based out of KVGT (North Las Vegas). I'm happy to mosey over to CA if there's a get together.
Cheers,

2hq6te1.jpg

check the women who love to fly thread. may be some leads there. http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=58202

Last edited by a moderator:
RV7

Hi Jeanette, this is Judy from LadiesLoveTaildraggers. Your Pilot Profile has been getting a lot of "hits" lately from VAF on LLT so I thought I'd check it out. Sure wish you were closer to Indianapolis so we could fly together. I'm still flying my Rans S7 but my husband recently bought an RV7 that I'm getting right seat time in. Unfortunately I'm flying light sport now (insulin pump issues!) but if they change the regs I'll be ready to go in the RV7! It's an astounding aircraft i.e. the low speed over the fence - while cruise speed rocks. Quite a contrast. Fly your baby to the next LadiesLoveTaildraggers flyin at Sulphur Springs, TX late May 2015!! All lady pilots welcome, nose wheel or tailwheel!!

Hi Judy!!

That is fantastic that y'all are in the RV world now. They are pretty amazing planes. So far I have only been in a -6 and our -4, but soon I hope to get a ride in a friend's -8.

I would love to fly all the way to Texas for the LLT Fly In. I was jealous watching all the pics from the last one! We'll have to see what we can work out with Hubby's schedule and all (kiddos are 10, 9 and 5...kinda need supervision). ;)

I have formation training in my sights next. I don't know if I'll get into the formation clinic offered out here on the West Coast, but I'm sure going to try. I am eager to learn.

Back