What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USB Plans

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I just got my USB plans for the plane. I am wearing out my little Canon printer right now printing them out on 8-1/2 x 11 for a three ring binder to keep in the house. But, I'm thinking these would be handier on 24 x 36 sheets for the shop. Good idea? Not?

I put all the files together in a giant PDF so I could take them with me on my iPad, then mounted a TV with a laptop in the garage so I could use those and make notes on them digitally instead of having to use the paper.

It's so nice to be able to CTRL+F instead of having to flip through pages.

mounted a TV with a laptop in the garage .

I did similar with an old redundant computer, and I also put the large paper plans into plastic sleeves to save them from the inevitable dirt/grease/paint found in garages & workshops everywhere.

I have the digital plans with hyperlinks to relevant VAF threads on a dropbox file. Trying to make it kind of like a wiki where users can update notes as they go. It your interested in being able to contribute send me your email via PM.

Otherwise check out the link in my signature.

It's worth having a copy made of the plans that come with the kit, and working from those. Then you will have the originals available in case you wear out the copy.

It's also a good idea to put the PDF of the plans on your portable devices like an iPad.

Dave

Does anyone have a pdf version that is searchable for the RV10?

Thats a tough one because somebody has to convert the PDF to OCR readable. However, if you can get an Adobe Acrobat Pro software, it can automatically do it for you. The trick is you have to pay Adobe for the software license :mad:

Use PowerPDF Advanced

Thats a tough one because somebody has to convert the PDF to OCR readable. However, if you can get an Adobe Acrobat Pro software, it can automatically do it for you. The trick is you have to pay Adobe for the software license :mad:

I recently used PowerPDF Advanced to convert my -7 plans. It's a lot less expensive than Acrobat Pro. There's also a free trial, but I'm not sure if the trial version supports OCR.

https://www.kofax.com/Products/power-pdf/advanced

This would be great thing for Van's to do once & send them out that way on the USB sticks, rather than each of us having to do it ourselves.

Back