What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Headset to Bluetooth?

Where do you want the bluetooth to enter- the intercom or your headset alone?

If you have an aux input in the headset or the intercom- you can use your linked item.

If you want it inline to a headset only- there are 2 items at spruce- the pricey Pilot bluetooth adapter, the lower rated crazed pilot item, or your link into a PS Engineering Muse.

Assuming you have an intercom, the aux input is likely the cleanest way to go.

Just want into headset? DC Onex is nice and built in bluetooth.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/cata...MIgrPWzfP05QIVyB6tBh2VTg4kEAQYASABEgJhVvD_BwE

Actually I have an excellent bluetooth headset that I use in my car and/or motorcycle helmet. I am looking for a Bluetooth device that plugs into the mic & headphone jacks for my plane and converts the signal to Bluetooth to work with my headset.

Where do you want the bluetooth to enter- the intercom or your headset alone?

If you have an aux input in the headset or the intercom- you can use your linked item.

If you want it inline to a headset only- there are 2 items at spruce- the pricey Pilot bluetooth adapter, the lower rated crazed pilot item, or your link into a PS Engineering Muse.

Assuming you have an intercom, the aux input is likely the cleanest way to go.

Just want into headset? DC Onex is nice and built in bluetooth.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/cata...MIgrPWzfP05QIVyB6tBh2VTg4kEAQYASABEgJhVvD_BwE

I've been planning to try this gizmo with my Clarity Aloft. I didn't get the Bluetooth enabled model. But, it has a 3.5mm aux input. So, I'm gonna see if it'll work. But, I'm guessing there will be RF interference between the bluetooth and the radios.

Anyone else tried this yet?

I've been planning to try this gizmo with my Clarity Aloft. I didn't get the Bluetooth enabled model. But, it has a 3.5mm aux input. So, I'm gonna see if it'll work. But, I'm guessing there will be RF interference between the bluetooth and the radios.

I have since tried this gizmo and found it worked great as long as my radio was turned off. So, its just not really practical for aviation.

It generates so much RF noise, it breaks squelch on the radios.

Use it all the time on a treadmill to watch the installed TV and in commercial aircraft entertainment systems. While they work, they are temperamental and I don't think I would ever depend on it for critical(aviation) communications.

I bought the Pilot Communications BluLink which worked well with a Quiet Technologies Halo in the ear headset. Used it in the -8 and the 182 until I could afford a Bose A20 headset with built-in Bluetooth. The Bose will connect with both my iPad and iPhone but the BluLink would only link with one device at a time.

Back