What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

0.5mm Allen wrench?

boearl

Well Known Member
Patron
My 0.5mm allen wrench has disappeared. Dang! Anyone have source for those little devils?

Regards,
Ken

I got this: Wiha 35393 5 Piece Mini L-Key Short Hex SAE Set on AMAZON. As I recall the throttle cable idle limit hex screw is 0.050 inches.

Last edited:
.050 inch is 1.25mm, which is a fairly common size. Think little electronic stuff.
A .5 mm would be .020". Wouldn't want to be very tight:D
Cheers
DaveH

I replaced the allen screws with Philips head screws, I couldn't get them tight, my allen wrench would round them out...take the stop fitting to a hardware store and find a suitable screw that fits, should be no problem, I went to a True Value store.

I replaced the allen screws with Philips head screws, I couldn't get them tight, my allen wrench would round them out...take the stop fitting to a hardware store and find a suitable screw that fits, should be no problem, I went to a True Value store.

Not trying to start a war here but you must have been using a standard Allen wrench in a metric Allen screw if a Phillips head worked better for you.
A properly sized wrench should stay in a socket all by it's self upside down and not fall out of the socket.

I was using a .050 allen per Vans M/M...could be the metric version would fit better but I do like the screws.

Back