What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I got the control cable blues.....

Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
News Flash,

Tired of those black control cable dust covers (grommets) drying out and cracking? Wishing there was someway they would last longer then a year in the hot engine environment.

Well Christmas has come early this year. ACS (the control cable supplier to Aircraft Spruce) has just completed a mold and has in stock control cable dust covers (they call them grommets) made from a Viton rubber not the synthetic rubber they have produced for years. I just got my hands on some and will be replacing my old covers over the Chrismas holiday.

Blue-Control-Cable-Dust-Cov.jpg

These new bad boys are blue in color and can?t be mistaken for the old synthetic rubber ones. Viton has a higher operating temperature and hopefully will not dry out like the old ones. Time will tell but I am very optimistic.

Aircraft Spruce sells these individually but they need to clear out their old inventory and replace it with the blue ones. Make sure when you order them you specify the new ?blue? ones. That way you stand the best chance of getting the right ones.

ACS GROMMET SMALL N-549-A Part # 05-02634 $2.95/EA
ACS GROMMET LARGE A-551-A Part # 05-02633 $2.95/EA

Dust covers

OMG THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING IM TIRED OF REPLACING OLD ONES AT ANNUALS YES SANTA IS ON HIS WAY.

Back