What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fly Garmin Logs

tangocharlie123

Hi all Aviators

Does anybody use FlyGarmin logs.
I have just installed a G5 and found that I can upload the log files.

I have two questions
What do the colours mean on the track ie Blue, Red, Green and black.
Also
When i upload the Log I go to look at the flight and it is OK where when etc. after accepting the entry it moves it then when I look at the entry again it is combined with all of the other entries. Can anybody explain what is going on or is there an instruction sheet to read.

Thanks in advance

I have been using it with G3x Touch logs and here is what I have figured out.

-Black is track while on the ground
-Green is climb
-Red is descent
-Blue is level cruise

Not sure exactly what the criteria is for determining climb, etc. It is probably based on vertical speed, pitch and possibly autopilot mode.

There seems to be two ways create entries:

1. Select 'UPLOAD FLIGHT LOGS' first and then auto-generate logbook entry.
After you upload your flight log it shows the auto-generated entry before it is added to the logbook. Click the box to the left of the entry to select and then 'ACCEPT SELECTED'. It will then add it to your logbook. Some fields such as total duration and route info are pre-filled. Note the webpage is a bit quirky for me as well. There is sometimes a long delay before adding the entry or nothing happens and it then appears in the logbook after reloading as you noted.

2. Select 'ADD ENTRY' first and then attach your flight log data.
See Flight Data box in the logbook entry.

I prefer the first method because of the auto-generation.

Some other helpful hints.

Timeline graph below map:
-Click anywhere to place solid red marker. Gauges will show info at that time.
-You can also move plane icon on map to any part of your flight path.
-Click on solid red marker to move it to any time ( changes to dotted red line )
-Double click graph to zoom-in (not sure how to zoom out ) and hold down to scroll.
-Use controls above map to playback from selected time at 1x, 10x, etc.

I have noticed one bug. The slip/skid indicator appears to be displayed wrong. The ball seems to be displaced in the opposite direction as to what I have noted in flight ( on both G5 and G3x ).

I have noticed one bug. The slip/skid indicator appears to be displayed wrong. The ball seems to be displaced in the opposite direction as to what I have noted in flight ( on both G5 and G3x ).
Hello Brendon,

We noticed this as well and have reported the issue to the FlyGarmin software team for correction in a future update.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Brendon

Thats what I thought about the colours after getting hold of a G3x touch log.

The reason I asked was I had black within the flight segment so will have to go and study line by line of the CSV file to see if there is a fault.

Still cannot upload the old log files though.

Regards
Peter

Back