What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Up North Aviation Panel - great customer service!

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Up North Aviation Panel for a RV12

I am moving quickly on my build and then ran into a small speed bump. I am building a RV12 as an experimental amateur built not as an ELSA. The issue is Van’s couldn’t provide a CAD drawing with measurements. No issue with Van’s, I do understand EAB means I am on my own. I was fortunate enough to find Bill at Up North Aviation. He reverse engineered the panel and was able to provide me a solution. He created a thin test version for my validation for fit in the panel space and for the instruments. Once approved he cut the final version and all is good now.

Thanks Bill for the great customer service. I highly recommend Up North Aviation based on great customer service, price, providing a solution quickly, the overall experience was outstanding.

rv-12_panel.jpg

Last edited:
Visit the Up North Aviation web site

If you want to see other panels I have fabricated and read what the process is, stop by my web site - www.upnorthaviation.com.

A CNC panel is hard to beat !!

Regards,

new guy...same question
I'm building a RV12is with ULS engine and MGL avionics.
I was not able to find any drawings for the instrument panel. Maybe just to dump to look right. Panels for all other models are easy to find.
Can anybody help?

Thanks, how to I get the sizes/scale for this?

I would like to "play" with some configurations...
Thx
Tsachy Nevo.

Back