What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SV-1 NACA Vent template?

rdamazio

Well Known Member
Hi all.

I ordered the SV-1 NACA vents for additional cabin air in my -10. I was hoping it'd come with a template for cutting the skin, but only the vent came, so I'm wondering where to find a proper template? Can anyone share theirs?

Thanks
Rodrigo

Hi all.

I ordered the SV-1 NACA vents for additional cabin air in my -10. I was hoping it'd come with a template for cutting the skin, but only the vent came, so I'm wondering where to find a proper template? Can anyone share theirs?

Thanks
Rodrigo

I have the same request.

I'm assuming maybe you don't have the fuselage kit yet so you can't trace out a template? IMHO it can wait until later in the build since it's easy to get to basically anytime, but if you'd like to get ahead anyway, then I scanned and uploaded a hi-res jpg (600dpi) of the cardboard cutout I made for mine. Dimensions are included, so you may have to play around with scale until it's correct.

For no particular good reason other than they were laying together in the shop, I also scanned the 91.4-degree angle cutout used to rig the elevator bellcrank. Package deal, I guess! :D

Hope this helps!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0dn_h_QXlz9MjhfcnhJdUN4Uk0/view

I'm assuming maybe you don't have the fuselage kit yet so you can't trace out a template? IMHO it can wait until later in the build since it's easy to get to basically anytime, but if you'd like to get ahead anyway, then I scanned and uploaded a hi-res jpg (600dpi) of the cardboard cutout I made for mine. Dimensions are included, so you may have to play around with scale until it's correct.

For no particular good reason other than they were laying together in the shop, I also scanned the 91.4-degree angle cutout used to rig the elevator bellcrank. Package deal, I guess! :D

Hope this helps!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0dn_h_QXlz9MjhfcnhJdUN4Uk0/view

Thanks!!! :) I'll work on getting it to print correctly.
And that's correct - I don't have the fuselage kit yet.

Btw, thought I'd report success in using the template you shared :) Thanks again!

I didn't have to change anything in the file to get the right size, but I did have to find a printer that would print it without resizing - my home Epson would deform it slightly, but a more "business-type" printer (a Ricoh MP C4503) printed it perfectly! I verified against a friend's RV, then cut my skins:

UwVYDK-ZQ3fyjAodA9oirbu1VwVpkgqSZ_pr2GiiGH2GSBHu17QTcCBhgStRBLlxXVeLBgxzLZU5hjVK4GZIas32QY-JAzgVWDTiF685gdybJrIkCpuqiuWC5mL2hCmXyqoUkOQQsjiX1JvL1YbE0-fkRnSZ01Z2n5ihJbyEX9o5fzLbTQ1PplBUcjpGcDfYshb7M6egt4GNtUi0ypQPcrx4onkT_uAPZgeQr1wNm4lXWyqK2pzT5ye9ApK8_dT1uQ_7jeNw1vYJOzGWMhHA4pUbq4eK0XHqdxiQOP6urQ2Pi-joiNHczkgk8i2mNNiUvwcHbseMcx_Q08OyVvOJka-CMFijkUqfCS_D_AtpXxyGZoCjZXy-XKY0nQ32yGfa7gsxtwvoPbybZqObdSzG0y7PoS0i4so9H-9kMja0XmrStrboT_A7-vomsvsPvPKDqDTxOJzvYBoX_Ji9KQbO2rWbPjtsEOwqm8OasbfReGOd7rQ9Kf0ussPxR4ePtvp3e22HQ1iTJbIPXXpZuzxeEFKYYVxHt83o844QyXiw4KStTqjOT2wUFzmkC-0OGv1VABmdYQ=w1443-h1082-no

Back