What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DAR recommendation SoCal

beezee

Hello all,

Still a ways off yet but want to start thinking about it.
Looking for recommendations for a DAR. I'm building at CPM but will likely do final assy and test flights at CNO or somewhere out that way.
Inspection could happen at either location.

Thanks!
Brett

Maybe someone can chime in about Chino and access to Phase 1 test areas. I chose Cable (CCB) for a number of reasons, but a biggie is that I had an enormous high-desert expanse for Phase 1...from Highway 395 to the west to Daggett to the north to Johnson & Lucerne valleys to the east.

You can reach the high desert without flying over populated areas quite easily from Cable. North over San Antonio wash, then east at the base of the San Gabriels, then up the Cajon Pass. The downside is that the turbulence through the pass can be nasty when the wind picks up.

Worth checking with the DAR before you decide on the final assembly airport.

Last edited:
My phase 1 test area was chino , fly west side of the hwy 15 along the foothills to south of Elsinore .then East over Palm Springs except Palm Springs airport.then everything between dagget,Blythe to Arizona and back. A massive area.ask for a high speed test area.

Great ideas

Thank guys!

I'm trying to find a balance between resources, commute, and no having to fly the same circle for 40 hrs. Sounds like open space is achievable from a couple of different airports.

Thanks for the input. I'll give Dave a call in the next couple of weeks to talk about options. (and try and get a years worth of building done in the same time ;-))

DAR

Hello all,

Still a ways off yet but want to start thinking about it.
Looking for recommendations for a DAR. I'm building at CPM but will likely do final assy and test flights at CNO or somewhere out that way.
Inspection could happen at either location.

Thanks!
Brett

Brett,

You might try to see if Adam Valdez is still doing DAR inspections:

California Bakersfield Adam Valdez 661 792 2826 $500.00 Bill Marvel/RV8A/N751MB 4/02
Does many RVs in So. Cal. and takes 5 hours or so. He checks everything. Nice guy, too.​

I would like to hop over from TOA one of these days to see your project. Are you around at all this weekend?

Skylor

If you are still looking, I'm a DAR out of KMHV. I have an RV-7 and can fly just about anywhere if needed.

Rick Aldrich
(661) 733-6649

Brett,

You might try to see if Adam Valdez is still doing DAR inspections:

California Bakersfield Adam Valdez 661 792 2826 $500.00 Bill Marvel/RV8A/N751MB 4/02
Does many RVs in So. Cal. and takes 5 hours or so. He checks everything. Nice guy, too.​

I would like to hop over from TOA one of these days to see your project. Are you around at all this weekend?

Skylor

Adam is awesome...I and a bunch of fellow RV builders in SoCal have used him, and *highly* recommend him.

Back