View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 12:51 AM
Forum Peruser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
That's great! In your experience how do the dogs do without ear protection? I imagine most won't tolerate 'mutt muffs'.

Paul
I do have Mutt Muffs, but quite frankly, I don't use them often. To me it's just seems like another factor that might raise their stress level, especially if I am alone and don't have an assistant to calm the dog should that be necessary after we are in the air.

With the dog in a Kennel and with a small blanket, he/she usually goes to sleep. Most of my flights have been less than two hours. I feel good about the flights, because I feel confident the dogs are going to a better home.

My personal dog does wear the "Mutt Muffs" although it is very challenging to get them to fit because of the shape and size of his head. He's a mixed Terrier, very similar to a Fox Terrier. Bob Leffler has linked a couple of nice photos displaying the proper use of hearing protection on his daughter's Labrador Retriever.
Pilots'n Paws Pilot
N79599/ADS-B In and Out...and I like it!

?Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights;
it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Last edited by rv7boy : 07-05-2016 at 12:57 AM.