What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ATS

Bought many tools from ATS (lots of clecos, cleco clamps, rivet gun, palm drill, drill bits)....always been pleased.

I buy from ATS occasionally for specialty items, and have never had any issues with them.

Be patient, they are a small business and run out during large sales this time of year. You won?t be disappointed once you receive your items.

I have purchased many tools from ATS (multiple orders over a few years). Have only had one snafu and they handled it quickly and to my satisfaction. I have never tried to call them but they are very responsive via email.

Nothing but great service from them. Very fast response and shipping just prior to Christmas during the rush.

I have many tools from them and they are generally good. I did however try their c-frame and it was garbage!!! Luckily they let me return it.

They were back ordered on the compression tester.

I ordered thru ACS, and got a 1 month backorder, est January.

I then went to ATS and ordered, there was no mention of backorder, so I canceled the ACS order. Then got the backorder notice from ATS. Oh well.

Anyway, the tester actually shipped right before Christmas, 3 weeks earlier, so I was able to do inspection over my break. Imagine they are filling/have filled back orders by now!

Phil
KBTF- bountiful, utah
RV10

I too bought the compression tester (2EM kit) they had on sale. It said that it was for Lycoming and Cont. engines. It turns out that that they sent it with an 18mm extended tester, which I don't think will work with your typical spark plug hole. When I called they did offer to let me return it or buy the correct additions for more $$$. What the heck uses 18mm?

-Marc

I had a similar experience recently. Finally decided it was time to invest in a proper 90° air drill (read: I really needed one), shopped around, saw they had a sale running, SOLD! No mention of a backorder online, but I got an email the next day, estimating about two months to get the item back in stock. That wasn't going to work since I was in the middle of fitting my horizontal stab, so I cancelled the order and ended up getting a used Dotco unit from the Yard Store instead.

Long story short, I was a bit disappointed at the lack of advance warning of the backorder status, but at the same time there was absolutely no hassle to get the order cancelled.

Here's the real funny part: I originally ordered a fractional drill index (1/16 - 1/2) but when I went to check out they were going to charge me shipping. The ad said free shipping. When I called the person I spoke with explained that the free shipping was only on the sale items and they couldn't afford to give free ship on everything. So I removed the drill index and bought the other items.

A couple of days later I get an email saying the compression tester was B/O so did I want them to ship the other items and then ship the compression tester when it came in? They couldn't afford to ship the drill index but they can afford to advertise back-ordered items and make two shipments instead of one... smh

-Marc

Back