What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7 Moving to Cambridge this Fall

docsuresh

Fellow RVers, let me introduce myself - my name is Suresh Subramanian and I am moving this fall to Cambridge (from San Diego) as a grad student. Looking for hangar/shared hangar space for Cinnamon Girl (N765RV).

Any tips/leads - most appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting up with those of you who are local and say hello in person.

Suresh Subramanian

Welcome Suresh.
I have an RV10 based at KLCI a bit too far from you for basing your plane. We have a nice restaurant on the field if you ever want to visit. I'm in the middle of my first building experience an RV12.
There are quite a few RVs at KASH and KLWM. My RV mechanic(owns an RV4) is at KMHT. I'm sure hangars at KBED and KOWD are pricey. You might check KBVY
Any questions my cell is 603-493-9441

Regards,
Alan
N668G RV10
N603NH RV12(building)

RV7 in Cambridge

I had my RV hangared at KBVY in common hanger. Hanger space in Boston area is expensive, in demand and road traffic to get to airport is always an issues. You could try KBED but flying out of there can involve clearance delays and a lot of waiting time. Try contacting Jim Baker at KBVY. 6B6 might be an option for you as well.

Thank you for the responses. Appreciate your suggestions. Have also connected with a few folks in Cambridge and PVD and will check out the options. Thank you again.

Suresh

Suresh,

I keep my RV4 at KLWM, its a nice airport with two big runways and lots a T hangars. In the realm of Northern Boston I feel KLWM is the way to go over KBVY and especially KBED. The further you go the cheaper it gets but hangar availability and value is decent at LWM.

Suresh,

If you're still looking for a home base for your RV, definitely check out Stow Minuteman (6B6). It's about the same distance from Cambridge as Lawrence, has a great restaurant and the cheapest avgas in the area, and is a nice airport community to boot. Access from Cambridge is relatively easy on Route 2. The owner/manager is a friend of mine and I'd be glad to put you in touch with him if you shoot me a PM with your contact info.

Run, don't walk, from Hanscom (KBED). It's operated by Massport and they seem to do everything in their power to drive small GA from the airfield. Plus, you'll pay big-FBO prices for gas.

There are lots of RVs at ASH and PYM if you're willing to drive further. I'm based at ASH and can tell you more if you'd like, and there are other folks on VAF who are based at PYM.

Good luck with your move!

Dave

Just curious if Duresh found his new home. I second Dylan's promotion of KLWM. Two runways, friendly tower, friendly airport management, lots of hangars, near kpsm and 6b6 for cheapest fuel around, and home to EAA Chapter 106. The Chapter 106 owns two communal hangers open to members with experimentals.

Last edited:
Just curious if Duresh found his new home. I second Dylan's promotion of KLWM. Two runways, friendly tower, friendly airport management, lots of hangars, near kpsm and 6b6 for cheapest fuel around, and home to EAA Chapter 106. The Chapter 106 owns two communal hangers open to members with experimentals.

A bit more of a drive, but there is also hangar space available @ORH.

Back