What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Pre-Buy Inspector

GottaFly

I'm New Here
Looking for someone to do a pre-buy inspection on an RV12 that is presently at Canton, TX. If the inspector is located somewhere nearby, the owner may be able to fly it there for the inspection. Either that or an inspector that is willing to travel to Thompson Airport Field 1TA7.

In searching the forums, DAR Mel Asbury has come up several times, however the posts were dated. Does Mel still do inspections? If so how to contact him?

I have talked with Walt Aranow. He would do it but only at his shop and the owner is not willing to fly there.

Any good inspectors name and contact info would be greatly appreciated.

Blake

52F is where Walt Aranow is. He was willing to do it but only at his hangar and owner is not willing to fly there.

Since I'm not having any luck so far finding someone that has significant RV12 experience who would either go to Canton or has a hangar where the owner will fly to, the next best thing would be to find an inspector that has experience with other RV models. That I have found. In this case I would want to get a list for them of the items specific to RV12 to look for or at.

For instance, I've read on the forum about inspectors who've found RV12's with unneeded lead weight in the tail. Apparently, the reason the builder did this was to get the CG within limits when weighting the airplane empty.

What I'd like to do is get a list together of items like the lead weight that are unique to doing a pre-buy inspection on a RV12. If I can't find an inspector with significant RV12 experience, I can get one with significant experience with other RV models and provide a list of RV12 specific items to check for.

What other items would you suggest be added to the list?

Back