What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Instrument Panel

dsm8

Well Known Member
Patron
Hello RV-12er's

As much as I love building, I like flying more. Does anyone know of an organization/company that is willing to build and wire the avionics supplied with the kit by Vans and send it to you so one can "plug and play" Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

12 is essentially plug and play. I think even a novice could have the avionics up and running in 8 hours. Also I would think it easier to have panel installed and then do the avionics. RV12 is quite different than most builds. I see no gain, and possible lost time deviating from build instructions.

12 is essentially plug and play. I think even a novice could have the avionics up and running in 8 hours. Also I would think it easier to have panel installed and then do the avionics. RV12 is quite different than most builds. I see no gain, and possible lost time deviating from build instructions.

Don-

Could not agree any more with Larry ... wiring the the RV-12 instrument panel is, for the most part, a snap in that virtually everything is connectorized. It is NOT a daunting task ... just carefully follow the KIS one step at a time and you will have the entire panel wired in short order, plus you will also have a fundamental understanding of the layout for the wiring.

Happy building,

An added bonus of doing the install yourself is that you will gain the confidence and understanding of your plane that will let you do your maintenance, inspections and modifications after getting it licensed.

Back