What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

eaa chapter 141 limington maine airplane wash

rvator9a

Well Known Member
So like most chapters covid has caused us to cancel our usual activities, but I guess we are getting bored so we decided to try something new.
We are going to conduct a plane wash on saturday sept 12, with a rain date the following saturday.
We are going to organize it to follow all distancing rules and use the space of the ramp to keep planes and people spread out. We are also going to have a pancake breakfast with maximum spacing between seats. This may limit the amount of planes that can be washed at one time and may cause delays in seating for pancakes. We havent done this yet but we feel like we all still want to fly and organizing a small event is doable.
This will be very weather dependent as we will need open hangars for spacing and we will reschedule if needed. Watch here for updates

So like most chapters covid has caused us to cancel our usual activities, but I guess we are getting bored so we decided to try something new.
We are going to conduct a plane wash on saturday sept 12, with a rain date the following saturday.
We are going to organize it to follow all distancing rules and use the space of the ramp to keep planes and people spread out. We are also going to have a pancake breakfast with maximum spacing between seats. This may limit the amount of planes that can be washed at one time and may cause delays in seating for pancakes. We havent done this yet but we feel like we all still want to fly and organizing a small event is doable.
This will be very weather dependent as we will need open hangars for spacing and we will reschedule if needed. Watch here for updates

Not sure how I would feel having a bunch of strangers pawing all over my plane washing it. Good luck with the event though.

Is this still planned?

Wondered if this was still in the works, hadn't seen any posts. Not sure i need a wash, but thought I might drop in for pancakes and coffee. Any other RVs up for it?

We did have a pancake breakfast but no takers on our airplane wash. The weather was perfect and we had a good turn out, not many RVs though. We are going to do a breakfast sat 10/3/20 if the weather cooperates again. If it doesnt we will try the following saturday to try to get it done.
We were able to keep everybody spread out with plenty of room. We will be making sure we dont over do it as far as attendance goes, but we can handle 20 or so planes without putting too many people in one area. Thanks Bob

Back