What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone know anything about a down RV-6 in Vancouver area?

dreed

Well Known Member
Sorry to post sad news, but I heard that an RV-6 went down with two on board near Daybreak (north of Vancouver, WA).

It is on BeechTallk. There is a news station covering it. I thought it looked like an RV7A but I could not tell. It shows it sitting in a shallow pond. I thought the news station said it was sitting in 2 feet deep water.

Sad.
Respectfully
Darren & Traci Kerns
RV7 N599DT

It?s an RV 6

If you watched the news clip you can see the tail number. Based in Camas and been airworthy since 1990. Very sad news indeed.

Accident

Kathryns report has two articles and some pictures. The time of the crash appears to be unknown. It was discovered by another airplane. The pond is reported to be seasonal, ie pretty much dries up in the summer and not very deep at other times. The airplane is very close to the edge of the pond.

Makes me want to sell my RV7 and fly my Husky. Sad to see and it must have been an abrupt stop by the looks of the plane

That is my home airport... but I am not familiar with this plane/owner (I've not had a plane on the field in a while). It appears that the registered owner lives less than 1/4 mile from my house too.

Really sorry to hear about this, I've been into Daybreak many times, but it's been several years. As I recall it can be tricky in/out with some of the trees. We lost somewhat of an icon last year in a PA-18 around this time as I recall.

Last edited:
Back