What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Desperate need Hangar Ocala

RVG8tor

Well Known Member
Well I moved to Dallas in December and lucked into a hangar there but as fate would have it I lost my wife due to and accident (horse riding). I will be moving back to Ocala as we moved here due to her job. I like the area but with animals I need to get back to a place I have support from family.

I am on waiting lists but need to move in August, if anyone knows of anyone in Ocala or Central Florida that has room for an RV-8A I would greatly appreciate a contact.

I am hoping a builder in the early stages will have room if they already have a hanger.

Life has thrown me a real curve ball, I am hanging onto the wonderful memories we built over 29 years together.

Fingers crossed

Mike,

I saw this today and Karen and I are so sorry to hear of your loss. We mention you from time to time, and the guys at KOLM do too, and wonder how you are doing.

Best wishes
Tony and Karen Tessitore
You'll recall we bought your Olympia hangar.

Mike, so sorry to hear of your loss. You might check with Jesse Saint to see if he knows of anything.

Tom

Thanks Tom

Mike, so sorry to hear of your loss. You might check with Jesse Saint to see if he knows of anything.

Tom

Tom,

I plan to contact him but wanted to try a more semi permanent solution.

He was kind enough to give my plane a home for a few weeks several years ago when I flew it to Florida from the West coast for a family visit and SnF.

Cheers

Sorry to hear of your loss. I?d happily squeeze your bird into my hangar at Zephyrhills (just north of Tampa) if it?s any help.

Peter

Keep you in mind

Sorry to hear of your loss. I?d happily squeeze your bird into my hangar at Zephyrhills (just north of Tampa) if it?s any help.

Peter

Peter,

I will keep you in mind for now. Hoping to find something closer. Buddy lives in Tampa so it will give me an excuse to see him more.

I will stay in touch

I have a hangar at Flagler (Palm Coast) KFIN. I am trying to bring my plane up to Chicago for the summer/ fall. It's a bit far from Ocala but let me know if it would work for you. We might be able to work something out.

I have a hangar at Flagler (Palm Coast) KFIN. I am trying to bring my plane up to Chicago for the summer/ fall. It's a bit far from Ocala but let me know if it would work for you. We might be able to work something out.

Tony,

Thanks for the offer, just yesterday I confirmed a location in Ocala. KFIN is a nice location. I like the restaurant there and have made the trip for the $100 hamburger, even got the T-shirt!

Cheers

Found home for Gator

To all,

Thank you for the offers and tips. As it turns out a very nice gentleman at OCF has space for Gator. I still have to meet and confirm it will work but I am sure it will.

Getting settled back to what feels like home will go a long way in dealing with this sudden lose.

Hug those you love and tell them you do every day because in a flash they can be taken from you.

Best

To all,

Thank you for the offers and tips. As it turns out a very nice gentleman at OCF has space for Gator. I still have to meet and confirm it will work but I am sure it will.

Getting settled back to what feels like home will go a long way in dealing with this sudden lose.

Hug those you love and tell them you do every day because in a flash they can be taken from you.

Best

Mike, I?m sorry to learn about your loss but glad you are finding support from this big "family" of aviators.

Back