What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual Headset / LEMO

mulde35d

Well Known Member
Friend
I had been debating for a while whether to wire in two LEMO plugs or 1 LEMO and 1 Standard Headset / Microphone Jack. But now am thinking of an alternate approach.

My question is has anyone wired a LEMO Jack and Standard Headset / Microphone jack is parallel. I am thinking of wiring in a LEMO and Standard jack on each side of the aircraft so I could use a dedicated Bose or a standard plug headset. So it would be 2 LEMO's and 2 Standard Jacks for a 2 seat aircraft.

Thoughts? Issues with noise being introduced through this approach?

Yes, I wired both Lemo and standard plugs on both sides and I have no issues. I just wired them parallel where I mounted the jacks. You should have no issues.

I wired both. My lemos have some static, my standards do not. I assume something is grounding out properly, just doesn’t bother me enough to troubleshoot at this time.

Last edited:
The LEMO jacks in parallel with the "standard" jacks is the way Bose recommends it be done in their installation material.

There is a VAF thread about it here.

See page 37 in the Bose A20 manual.

Last edited:
Back