What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 in my area

Shipdog52

I'm New Here
Hi, I?m new to VAF and have an interest in buying a RV10 kit. I would to see one in person, first. I have no contacts with an owner of a RV10. I live in San Antonio and my question is there any in the San Antonio area. If there are any of you who own one in this area, please let me know. I?d like to talk with an owner as well, because I have lots of questions. Thanks!!

I am up in Waco and built my RV-10. I know it's a ways away and I know there are closer 10's to you, but if you find yourself at a dead end, I can help you work your way out of it.

Hi Phil, thanks for the response. Yes, I hope to find someone here in the area with a 10 that I might be able to see and talk to. At least you are a start for me and Waco is not so far away, if I can?t find any closer. I am excited about the 10 and it appears to meet the mission I have established. What engine did you use and are you happy with it? Did you make any modifications for you and your mission. What recommendations or changes would you make based on your ownership history. How long have you been flying your 10 and are you still happy with it? What was your build time? Did you utilize any of the quick build components. Sorry, so many questions! Thanks again!!!

If you find one in SA let me know, I'm in the same boat as you. I've already bought all the tools and plan to buy the emp kit in Dec.

Phil, (my name is also Phil lol). I work up at TSTC Waco a lot, I'd love the opportunity to come check out your -10 sometime when I get back from this deployment! You parked at KACT?

I keep mine at McGregor (KPWG). We have a couple of -10?s here and I can show you both of them.

Let me know when you?re coming up and we will try to work something out. Would love to give you the tour.

I do not have a flying RV10, but am building one in New Braunfels. I have most of airframe built (emp, fuse, wings) and am working on fit and finish of fiberglass top now. You are welcome to come see a work in progress if you have any interest in that. I will send you a PM with my contact information.

I fly out of KBAZ for work to KCNW a lot, I'll def come check out your work in progress. I get back in Dec. Mine DM'ing your contact info Randy?

Phil, def want to come take a look in late Dec or early Jan when I'm back up to work.

Back