What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VS Rear spar doubler question

Going through the steps to make sure I didn't miss anything before priming and riveting and noticed this on the rear spar doubler. (See red circled holes). I didn't countersink several holes and I can't figure out why I didn't. Looking back at the instructions, I am supposed to countersink all #30 holes below the upper attach bolts, but I'm thinking there must have been a reason I didn't do those.. but alas not remembering.

What did past me do that current me doesn't remember? :D

https://i.imgur.com/DO09vMv.jpg

Last edited:
The two holes at the top and the two holes at the bottom of your picture get bolts/screws put in them when the VS is attached to the tail cone so it's good that you haven't done anything to those yet. Check out page 11-5 of your plans to see this. As for the two holes in the middle, I'm not sure why you wouldn't have done those...maybe you just missed them? I took a look at my finished VS and both of those holes have flush rivets in them which agrees with the rivet call outs on page 6-4.

Back