What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-360 mixture cable arrangement?

N661DJ

Well Known Member
I have a Lyc. IO-360 with a PrecisionEX fuel injection servo. The servo is mounted on a vertical sump. My problem is the mixture cable routing and connection, my exhaust system incorporates the new style larger heat muff and it appears that it will interfere with the operation of the vans supplied "IO-360 mixture bellcrank" assy. as shown on OP-22 drawing. I have not as of yet ordered the bell crank assy. and mixture cable and was wondering if anyone has encountered this issue or has an alternate solution?
Dick

The control cables for a vertical sump engine with a Precision Silverhawk servo are installed in a very similar manner to that of a carburetor set-up. Van's provides a bracket for the throttle and mixture that works very well for this set-up. It is not a bell crank assembly, just a simple bracket that fits between the sump and the servo.

Reversed

Just a thought. On my IO-320 vertical installation, the mixture control is reversed so that it is above the air cleaner plate. If you want to do this, call Precision.
XSYlWVh9Zc8s56VmseayxQF-j5II6o4xWBRpZbjsDhx4FZpkJhkPVSf13Bzk0n9BwkFSKx5uXSwCpVMTwp5XbojAf9qXZeKmf0sKCgU-_VoPaWH8uPbMCXl4TrY4QyoZucBD9ccba5_rOGO9UMCQdOKfQ6nmvSQeMQFhMH8cZ01XQNJsKaKvoBVfjICbS5GfKg88B-D9jdiPQ4ZBQu4zfJ871e-y-RQVLePI7Q0pIAwNSY7k0aCWR58rVgh_lX-PcDr5SOOZvDQ0twDDgBC8O6sSlTEr1oJdhMQBHZGzzzYfYVu7-oaSDAElhVDOzSxCyCJsX7AamkyW571lRbByy2P8L02b-uzOJw9iQNh8zSVYDqpxG1jre27pnTNyS_b31Sn9BPz3rPKnVECFwvINQl89uxdgigk0CM1ubHeOcCv1_WcWZMgGxogbVdTMkzQz6dVtHbQTXv2h44oBX2EMdJryq0W6jda2zlj8i6chkvcPxHB0JIyjd2vcL0ho9gPQY6J_Pb1wa_Upf0hhrgjpqwNg3oOulbDDCNvVqh6akiHJ2zNZGYJifowZ-zso_KTKc5tRoHdZyDQ2GH3egckabP8ywpV_GxYmBFFI1ChwGFgmTDcQ44dVauC_GVhn3bgf1O_ygcN6aGssW4xNsgzKvXDNifr8kNzUZoEjyA3Hl6htJZQejpkTBW4=w800

I did the same as John, but was not happy with the geometry of Vans carb bracket as the cable made a sharp angle from the bracket to the mixture arm. I modified Vans bracket to shallow out the cable and put less stress on the cable, bracket, and mixture arm.
I also moved the fuel outlet to the rear port so I could exit out the back and put my fuel flow sensor in the upper plenum.

Back