What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New builder building a RV -7A

Joe 5428W

I'm New Here
Well i finally took the leap and ordered my empennage kit. Im hoping I'm able to figure out how to upload a few pics of what i gotten done so far. i just received the kit yesterday, so im just getting started

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome. Use a 3rd party image service and then link using the little pic icon in the editor. Google images is not very VAF friendly.

Thanks Guys, I have a mac so they don't play nice with others. Thanks Wirejock, I've already used some of your advice from your website, great resource. thank you both.

Welcome aboard! It?s an awesome life experience. If you stay persistent you will eventually fly what you?ve built.

Riviting question

Does it matter which side you put the manufactured head vs shop head? I riveted the HS 710,714 and 00001 to the front spar with manufactured heads facing aft. looking at another builders photos, mine are opposite. i don't see any clearance issues but want to make sure.

Unless otherwise specified:
1. Manufactured head on the outside (MIL Spec)
2. Shop head on thickest material
3. What looks better

Back