What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The VAF News 2.13.2024 (Professional Milestone)

No RV news today. Too pooped to think straight.

I took and passed my King Air 350 PIC check ride today. PRO-LINE 21. The testing standards are obviously pretty low, if I passed ;^).

Will publish an edition tomorrow.

v/r,dr

The new ride:
beechcraft_kingair350i_photo3.jpeg

Last edited:
Out of the 5 type rides I have taken, the King Air 350 was by far the most challenging, both mentally and physically, it’s a whipping…getting through and passing a single pilot type ride in the -350 is no small feat, congratulation! It’s an incredibly capable and reliable machine.

Attachments

• IMG_1860.jpeg
    IMG_1860.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
I’ve got several thousand hours on the old 200, missed out on the 350 as I went to jets. Beech make tanks really, they just happen to look and perform like planes😉

Congratulations! Nothing like being a lifelong student. Kill zone on those doggone twins is takeoff and ice. Everything else is smooth sailing. That -350 is a nice ride no doubt. Ain’t it great to be able to get a new rating? What’s next?

WOW!!😲 Great shot of a Twin Turbo T-tailed RV! Is that the RV-16?:ROFLMAO:😆😂 Nice job, by the way! And a very cool photograph!

I wonder what a check ride in a B350 runs? Has to be eye watering!

[ed: 🤷🏻‍♂️. I did 100 support sessions in the simulator to earn my green stamps for this type rating. I really don’t know what it costs. I bet it’s a lot! v,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Hope you get lots of time in it.

I never flew the 350, but I have thousands of hours in T-tail BE90 and the old Vietnam-era U-21A. When anyone from P&W found out we were flying PT6A-20 engines, they'd always say, "Wow, I've only seen one of those before. In our museum."

Back