What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Portland area airpark home coming up for sale

ERushing

Well Known Member
My wife and I are working on relocating. We're considering putting our home and hangar up for sale. Giving the VAF family a heads-up prior to listing.

Highlights:
~45 min south of Portland, 20 minutes from Van's HQ in Aurora!
Craftsman style home with 4 bedroom, 3 bath, ~2900 square ft, 1.5 acres
3000 sq ft hangar (50x60) with 43'x13' Higher Power hangar door
- Well lit with LED lighting.
- 80 gallon 2 stage compressor
- Insulated dust/ paint room, well lit
- Easily fits 3 RVs!
Access to 2900 ft paved runway
Gourmet granite kitchen
Cedar Sauna with shower
Covered patios
Fruit orchard - Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes & apple trees. Lots of room for more if you want!
Large irrigated garden area
Fenced back yard & home/ hangar security system
Listing at $1,050,000

Link to larger photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/u3Y2Hmp5oy2dYCqU8

DEc5LpAqM1frCcX28

PM me if interested. No realtors, please. Doug gets a nice surprise if the house sells via VAF!

Attachments

• Front-600.jpg
    Front-600.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 258
  • pics-600.jpg
    pics-600.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Description 600.jpeg
    Description 600.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 67
Moving

Not far. We’re hoping to get back up to the Columbia River Gorge near Hood River. We lived there prior to moving down to the valley to take the job at Van’s. Now that we’re retired, we want to go “home”!

Sweet house Eric!
Welcome back to the gorge!
You flew me on an RV-12 demo a little over a year ago, so you're partially to blame for the large crates piled up in my garage! 😂
If you're planning on a hanger in Hood River, get on the list. It's a four year wait right now. I think it's a similar situation in The Dalles.
Cheer,
JP

Well, not moving to Portland any time soon but could not help but notice that property tax on this place is at $6000 and I here I am paying almost $11000 on a slightly smaller (2700 Sq Ft ) property in Illinois … only a few more years though, just a few more years …

Well, not moving to Portland any time soon but could not help but notice that property tax on this place is at $6000 and I here I am paying almost $11000 on a slightly smaller (2700 Sq Ft ) property in Illinois … only a few more years though, just a few more years …

Texas just passed $100,000 homestead exemption and no state income taxes, so if you're looking to pay less taxes, let me know. I'm not a realtor but own a grass runway airport and I'm looking to sell part of it to a good neighbor who loves airplanes. https://www.flyingmag.com/vaca-moo-airport-a-little-facility-with-texas-sized-heart/

Back