What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage Ribs Final Riveting

scnovinger

At what point are the F-725, 26 & 27 baggage ribs riveted to the 776 bottom skin.

I’m getting reading to rivet 770 side skins on and baggage ribs are still clecoed in place.

After rolled? Should’ve been completed already? Didn’t find this step in the manual.

Thanks!

Dear Scott,

I saw that nobody replied to your post so I thought that I would reply.

Go ahead and start riveting on the side skin, leaving the baggage door ribs clecoed in place for now, along with the baggage floors. Once the skins are secured, you can roll the fuselage on its side, remove the baggage floors, and with your cutie-pie wife assisting you, rivet the baggage floor ribs.

This is the best approach. Since nobody else responded, consider me the expert!

Good luck. You’re doing great!

V/r,

Future Scott

Can't leave a fellow 7 builder hanging out to dry like that but I like how you took it all in stride. I riveted the entire bottom skin to all ribs (seat and baggage) as part of the larger center section fabrication. We stood the center center vertical, resting the whole assembly on the spar carry through to do this which I'm betting is way easier than doing it after the side skins are attached.

I did what Girraf did, extremely easy. on a side note, rivet them when the plans tell you to?

Can't leave a fellow 7 builder hanging out to dry like that but I like how you took it all in stride. I riveted the entire bottom skin to all ribs (seat and baggage) as part of the larger center section fabrication. We stood the center center vertical, resting the whole assembly on the spar carry through to do this which I'm betting is way easier than doing it after the side skins are attached.
Thanks for the reply.

I did the same approach as you for the seat ribs, but I didn’t see a call out to rivet the baggage ribs. The only callout was to rivet the bottom skin to the center section.

Not knowing how everything was going to line up with the tail section, I decided to hold off just in case a rib had to be removed for some reason down the road.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing, huh?

I could still take the approach you suggested. It means I get to take everything apart again. And that’s always fun.

Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something?

I appreciate your help!

I did what Girraf did, extremely easy. on a side note, rivet them when the plans tell you to?
You’re a genius! I never would have thought of that. Now, show me in the manual where it specifically calls out to rivet those ribs and I’ll apologize for being a snarky meanie-hiney.

Back