What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1/14/06 Formation practice (52F)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
0730 brief at Stan's hanger (200' N. of the blue hanger). Planes warm and gassed. Newbies welcome to come watch/learn.

A couple short flights in various configs. People on ground can monitor on 122.9 (near field) and 122.75 (in practice area).

Breakfast debrief afterwards at the 'Blue Hanger Cafe'. Newbies welcome to buy our breakfast :D .

Game faces on. Safety paramount,

Krash

Text from Stan (Grumpy):
Gentlemen:

We have seven players. The plan is to do a four ship and a two ship with an instructor in the two ship to work with a rookie.

Four Ship:

Lead = Krash
#2 = Bill Goeken (Call sign to be determined)
#3 = Sky
#4 = Monkey

Two Ship

Lead = Grumpy
#2 = Chris Pratt with Scorch as instructor

Second Flight

Lead = Monkey
#2 = Scorch
#3 = Grumpy
#4 = Bill Goeken

Chris to ride as an observer with whoever he choses

Danny and Krash to fly a two ship if desired. (possible photo ship)

Plans could change due to the possibility of characters reporting.

Leads --- Know your plan, keep it safe and standardized.

Wingmen --- Know the signals.

That is all.

Grumpy

Last edited:
Overhead manouver

Krash:
Ask Bill Goeken to show you the "Mexican 360 overhead" as perfected by the Cessna Skywagon Delta Force on arrival to KELP from one of their many forays down to Baja. It could bring a smile to his otherwise serious and professional demeanor.
Tom Navar (Turbolito)
RV-8 (tailfeathers completed)

Mexican Overhead

Turbolito, How nice to hear from you! I haven't thought of the Mexican Overhead in awhile, but then again I try not to think of my time in a Mexican prison either.
We need to catch up. I would like to refer you to a website. Peruse it carefully to see if you can find a familiar face. At your sevice forever Commandante! Huevos

Back