bhester

Well Known Member
Patron
First question
Does anybody have the wiring Schematic for this?

Second question
Does anybody have one, working when removed, that they'd be willing to let go cheap?

Mine is blowing the fuse with no strobes attached :-(

Thanks!

IMG_3767.jpg

Yes I have the wiring diagrams and we have the unit we pulled off our plane when we went to LEDs. I will try to get the schematic after I fly today.

My buddy and I both have that exact Whelen power supply in our planes. Coincidentally, we both were having problems at the same time. His was popping fuses occasionally--it turns out the switch was loose on the panel and one of the contacts was apparently shorting out and blowing the fuse. Mine had a separate issue with the ground which was easily corrected.

My point is that the Whelen unit may not be bad. With the Whelen power supply isolated, do you have good power going to it at the plug? If it's still blowing the fuse and the Whelen unit isn't even plugged in, then a supply wire upstream is likely chafing or has an exposed connection somewhere. That's a much less expensive fix.

Maybe

That is exactly what is happening. I'm blowing fuses, never before.
I need to look at that switch, better, then maybe make a bypass power and ground to find out if it's the wiring or the box.
Thanks!

My buddy and I both have that exact Whelen power supply in our planes. Coincidentally, we both were having problems at the same time. His was popping fuses occasionally--it turns out the switch was loose on the panel and one of the contacts was apparently shorting out and blowing the fuse. Mine had a separate issue with the ground which was easily corrected.

My point is that the Whelen unit may not be bad. With the Whelen power supply isolated, do you have good power going to it at the plug? If it's still blowing the fuse and the Whelen unit isn't even plugged in, then a supply wire upstream is likely chafing or has an exposed connection somewhere. That's a much less expensive fix.

Nope

It’s not the switch or wiring. With the power supply disconnected, I flip the switch and nothing happens, so it’s not blowing the fuse. With the power supply hooked up with all lights disconnected it blows the fuse. I’ve got a used power supply on its way next week. I hope it works and I can get back in the air.
Still trying to find the schematics so I can hopefully repair mine.