tannygang

I'm New Here
I was a Cherokee pilot for a year before buying the RV. The day I got my first RV ride, I couldn't sleep. I wanted to pass on this agony to every pilot friend I have.
I am still a new RV pilot and learning the plane, but even with some basic maneuvers - my friend's expressions in this video is probably what all of you have experienced and know very well with your first RV ride passengers.

https://youtu.be/vRmKtWwTZe8

Interesting to me was the reaction of my CFI at my last BFR. He's been a friend for 35 years (used to be my CPA until he retired) and a CFI for most of that, but had never flown an RV. He too was amazed at the performance, and on returning home, asked to fly the approach and landing. He'd just seen what that plane would do in flight, making him all the more astonished at how straightforward it was on landing. These kind of outside perspectives have changed my perspective on what a remarkable plane I own, compared to the other airplanes I've been flying most of my life.

Last edited:
Interesting to me was the reaction of my CFI at my last BFR. He's been a friend for 35 years (used to be my CPA until he retired) and a CFI for most of that, but had never flown an RV. He too was amazed at the performance, and on returning home, asked to fly the approach and landing. He'd just seen what that plane would do in flight, making him all the more astonished at how straightforward it was on landing. These kind of outside perspectives have changed my perspective on what a remarkable plane I own, compared to the other airplanes I've been flying most of my life.

I have come to realize that us RV pilots tend to annoy a lot of folks when we keep saying how remarkable our planes are 😁😆

Then you take them for a ride, and it's settled!

My son is a spam can driver. yesterday we were coming in on the ILS at about 120kts. ATC informed me we were catching a C150. No problem. I slowed down to 65kts with a notch of flaps. no problem staying behind.

I have come to realize that us RV pilots tend to annoy a lot of folks when we keep saying how remarkable our planes are 😁😆

Then you take them for a ride, and it's settled!
Recently, a friend and I flew a loose formation to lunch a hundred miles from here. He flies a Warrior. He was at max cruise, I flew at less than 50% power and still had to do a few S-turns every so often to not overtake. To me as an old PA28 pilot, that was eye-opening, as it was to him.

Recently, a friend and I flew a loose formation to lunch a hundred miles from here. He flies a Warrior. He was at max cruise, I flew at less than 50% power and still had to do a few S-turns every so often to not overtake. To me as an old PA28 pilot, that was eye-opening, as it was to him.
I love sneaking up on Mooneys or Bonanzas (from a safe distance, of course; guns not rockets:ROFLMAO:) and easily slipping by them. I would love to hear the conversation in those airplanes.

Interesting to me was the reaction of my CFI at my last BFR. He's been a friend for 35 years and a CFI for most of that, but had never flown an RV. He too was amazed at the performance, and on returning home, asked to fly the approach and landing. He'd just seen what that plane would do in flight, making him all the more astonished at how straightforward it was on landing.

I had a very similar experience a few years back with our RV 10------long time CFI buddy who had never flown an RV.

I love sneaking up on Mooneys or Bonanzas (from a safe distance, of course; guns not rockets:ROFLMAO:) and easily slipping by them. I would love to hear the conversation in those airplanes.
At 8 GPH ;), and then land on a 1500ft grass field.
I love the Mooneys though, keeping the rest of the pilot world from turning over to our dark side...