Wishing you and yours a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend.
v/r,dr

VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————

Canopy "latch" mystery solved
On a couple of occasions in the past my 7A tip up canopy was stuck in the nearly closed position. No matter what I did I could not get it to open. I could see the handle at the top and it had not rotated to lock it and the locking mechanism was in the open position. On both occasions, it finally popped open and I still could not find the reason for the issue. Today it happened again. Same thing... after messing around it finally just popped open. Today I did notice that on the pilot side I was able to wiggle the aft section at the bottom but on the passenger side it was secure and unmovable. After finally getting it open, I decided to get in and focus on a search of this side. And then I saw it. Here's a picture.
The canopy roll bar apparently could come down with the lip of the roll bar inside the angle of the passenger back rest which kind of wedged it in place. At least now I know.
https://vansairforce.net/threads/canopy-latch-mystery-solved.225685/
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.19.36 PM.png

Fuel Filter for each tank, looking for installation examples
DIY, Home made, made at home ... experimental. Block of UHMW and a band clamp. Some simple plumbing. You can do it ...
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.20.31 PM.png

Vents …-4 PIREP
I have two of the aluminum vents (front seat of my -4) and a larger one in the back seat. They will stiffen over time but a little well-applied LPS 2 or TriFLo will loosen them right up to original movement. PLENTY of air from both. Two in the front: one on my face; one on my chest. Plenty of air even on the hottest of days. The larger one in the back, fed by a NACA inlet off the bottom of the right wing, will blow your hat off! IMHO; YMMV
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.21.24 PM.png

Van's Aircraft Business Update - March 27th (video)
“An update on operations at Van's Aircraft for late March 2024. Progress in the restructuring is going well, and shipments are going strong for kits, replacement parts, and other orders. We're also working now on publishing lead times for new kit orders, as well as scheduling engine manufacturing slots with Lycoming. In the video, we also address going to Oshkosh, some positions we are hiring here, the status of the RV-15 project, and more. Most importantly, thank you to all of our dedicated and amazing customers. It's been a tough time the past several months, and we're working hard to get kits, parts, engines, props, and more to you. Thank you!”
https://vansairforce.net/threads/vans-aircraft-business-update-march-27th-video.225671/

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.22.30 PM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: