Please excuse me pushing out the Friday edition so early - simulator schedule made it necessary. Hope you and yours have a happy, RV-filled and safe weekend.
b,d

VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
---------------------------------------------

Thread 'Started laying out panel, thoughts?
I started laying out my panel, wondering what features you wish you had added as well as constructive criticism. Oh and I think I may make one change already, make the nav and strobe the same switch up nav/strobe, center off, bottom nav so I can put the pitot heat on the pilots Side.
VAFDR_ 211 Feb. 08.jpg

Garmin G5 CAN bus protocol ...Wasp26 PIREP
If you take from with Id 0x1882200. Bbyte 0 and 1 in the frame represent a label, in this case 0xE465.
For this label, the complete transmission will be carried out using 6 concecutive frames, the number of which is visible on byte 2. The rest of the data correspond to the values to be transmitted.
In this example, they are encoded in 32bit floating....
So, for the "altitude Bug" value, it's on frame ident 0x10882200,
label 0xE465 (byte 0 and 1)
and frame number 2 (byte 2))
VAFDR_ 212 Feb. 08.jpg

Thread 'EZ-COWL Offer ...HFS
I'm the guy that "developed" EZ-COWL back in the late 1980's; and, Larry's article in KP brought it a bit more awareness to the builder masses. For. years I have offered these for free (shipping costs only), since it (EZ-COWL) is really just an alternative idea to Van's recommended cowling install instructions. Anybody can make one, as evidenced from Larry's article - but sometimes it's easier for me to make a bunch of them out of "scrap" materials I have in my shop, and make them available to builders around the country (and world), with the proviso that they be "payed forward" to other builders as needed.
So far, I have somewhere north of 50 of them in service, with another dozen or so still in stock ready to be shipped - if you are not ready for one yet, please wait until you are, and post a request for one already in circulation. If none of those are available, I'll be glad to send one to you. If you are ready now, and would like one (to become its caretaker), let me know and I'll send one, with an installation "packet" for the cost of shipping only (for CONUS ~ <$20).

Centre Rudder Block - play. Normal?
I also used a thin kerf Japanese pull saw to split the blocks and instead of a washer there is a piece of rectangular .025 aluminium to replace the material that was removed. The bent tab makes it easier to insert than a washer.
VAFDR_ 213 Feb. 08.jpg

Shawn's -4 re-build ...sf3543 reply
I placed mine on the front of the electronics tray angled down. It’s easy to reach under the panel and change them by feel. I keep a diagram of which fuse is in each slot so I can remember which is which.
VAFDR_ 214 Feb. 08.jpg

Displaying Monkworkz current load on G3X
Pinouts for the MZ30L. And exercise caution as the FemtoMolex(TM) and 26ga (ok, 24ga) wire is PITA to work with.
VAFDR_ 216 Feb. 08.jpg

OFF TOPIC:
VAFDR_ 215 Feb. 08.jpg