egp8111

Well Known Member
Patron
The GTX 327 in my RV 6 has been set on 1200 since who knows how long. Now when I try to change code it is very sketchy. I'm thinking I have corrosion issues. There are some threads about removing the face plate and spraying with Deoxit. Does anyone have any experience doing this and is it something the village idiot can do or do I need to send it to the experts?

Thanks
Skip
RV-4 built and sold
RV-6
NC

The GTX 327 in my RV 6 has been set on 1200 since who knows how long. Now when I try to change code it is very sketchy. I'm thinking I have corrosion issues. There are some threads about removing the face plate and spraying with Deoxit. Does anyone have any experience doing this and is it something the village idiot can do or do I need to send it to the experts?

Thanks
Skip
RV-4 built and sold
RV-6
NC

If need be, Garmin will do an out-of-warranty exchange for $751, which will include a 6 month warranty.

If need be, Garmin will do an out-of-warranty exchange for $751, which will include a

Thanks
Skip
RV-4 built and sold
RV-6
NC
You might try clicking all those buttons 20-30 times. This worked for me. If that helps do it again often.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer.

The button clicking brought back all but the 8 and 9 buttons. I'll keep after it.

Thanks
Skip

The button clicking brought back all but the 8 and 9 buttons. I'll keep after it.

Thanks
Skip
Well, fortunately, for transponder operation you never need those two! (In fact, did you try them for entering info into the timer mode?)

Well, fortunately, for transponder operation you never need those two! (In fact, did you try them for entering info into the timer mode?)
That didn't even cross my feeble mind, thanks Bob. I bet they'll work in the timer mode, I'll try it out.
Skip

You might try clicking all those buttons 20-30 times. This worked for me. If that helps do it again often.
This works on my 430W’s buttons. Every now and then when they get “sticky” I just press the buttons a whole bunch. Not ideal but it beats paying the Garmin minimum shop charge…. 🤣