Plummit

Well Known Member
Last month my wife and I did a breakfast fly-out to KRAL from KLGB. We used flight following with SoCal approach on the number 2 comm. When they turned us over to tower I made my initial call on the number 1 comm and lost my TX capability. I switched to the number 2 comm and was able to finish the approach and landing. When I did the initial trouble shooting with Garmin we determined that my number 1 GIA63W (integrated avionics LRU) needed to be sent it for repair. I over-nighted it to Garmin and got it back in few days, but was told I had to re-configure it once it was installed. That should be no problem as I have the loader card for my version of the software.

I went through the reload system but something went belly up and I lost my EIS. After working with Garmin they finally determined that I needed a new config module and 2 replacement GDL1040 screens, which they were going to provide. I was told Monday that a guy from Garmin would get back to me about securing a CC deposit to cover the core charge which would be reimbursed when I send my parts back to them.

Now crickets. My RV is AOG without the avionics system up and running. Anyone have a G900X system they aren't using? ;-)

-Marc