Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
Patron
The landing light in my RV-6 needed replacement, so I decided on the Flyleds Combo light which provides both landing and taxi in one unit. I am not a builder (yet), and I found it a little challenging to attach the new light to my existing bracket. But with a little patience and a few choice expletives, the project was successful.

I had to do some of the assembly work inside the wing because the assembled unit wouldn't fit through the lightening hole in the wing. I did remove the wing tip as suggested by the instruction manual; there would be no way to install it without doing so.

I actually screwed up the led lights while putting them together. I forgot to install the guide ring prior to snapping the lenses into place. Then I tried taking the lenses back out to install the rings, but when taking the lenses out, I broke snapped the small yellow led part off of the electronic board. I asked Paul how to repair this, and he advised just sending it back and they would take care of it. I shipped it back, and they sent the repaired unit back to me, no charge. They didn't even charge me for return shipping!

The light works great, although I haven't had a chance to use it at night yet. Looking forward to that. Great company with fantastic customer service. My only advice is that if you're not a builder, handle the unit very carefully and follow the instructions to the letter.

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1483.jpeg
    IMG_1483.jpeg
    443.7 KB · Views: 85