Jetspud

I am getting my 4 painted and I was wondering what you guys are using for weather striping to prevent the canopy from rubbing the fuselage when closed.

Thanks

David

Hi David,

I use UHMW tape for this. Sort of clear/white-ish. This won't really work as a weather seal but more for anti-chafe and it's perfect for that purpose. My -4 is pretty drafty which is great in the summer, but for the winter I make a trip to Lowe's Aviation for door weather stripping and layer as necessary for that toasty feeling.

For the UHMW, you can find it here on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00823JF0S?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Tailwinds,

Fuzzy side of Velcro

I use the fuzzy side of Velcro. It works really well and will not scratch paint. I got the "industrial" label stuff from Home Depot. The Velcro part is the same but the adhesive is super strong. Make sure you put it where you want it because it is not coming off without significant effort. It lasts quite well. Over 500 hours on mine to date.

Fuzzy side of Velcro

I use the fuzzy side of Velcro. It works really well and will not scratch paint. I got the "industrial" label stuff from Home Depot. The Velcro part is the same but the adhesive is super strong. Make sure you put it where you want it because it is not coming off without significant effort. It lasts quite well. Over 500 hours on mine to date.
Might be a stupid question…are you putting the Velcro on the canopy of the fuselage?