mantry

Well Known Member
I've searched high and low and can not find anyone with availability of any Michelin 5.00x5 Airstop tubes.

I've tried:
Aircraft Spruce
Chief Aircraft
Dresser

Anyone else have any ideas or anyone have any recent experience finding any?

CI coming up next month and wanting to put on some new "Shoes" but can't find any SOCKS "Tubes"... :)

TIA - Thanks In Advance!

Mark

And yet another new Wilkerson customer.
Not much cheaper than Aircraft Spruce but as with the others, free shipping.

The power of VAF just paid for itself. Just got off the phone with Wilkerson! 2 tubes coming via FEDEX $186.xx (I think is what she said!)

Thanks so much guys!

Mark

Wilkerson tires

The power of VAF just paid for itself. Just got off the phone with Wilkerson! 2 tubes coming via FEDEX $186.xx (I think is what she said!) Thanks so much guys! Mark

Can I brag a little bit? I can't say enough about Wilkerson Tires. It is a relatively small family-run company that has been in business for since 1956, doing aircraft tires since 1966. You likely talked to Sara, who has been working there for 20 years. She is a Wilkerson: the VP's daughter! She is usually the one who answers the phone when I have had the need to call. It should be the goal of us who need supplies to cater to the smaller, family-owned companies when able. Not to mention, they make an excellent product in their retreaded tires!

Several years ago they recommended the goodyear butyl rubber tubes to me. Cheaper than the michelin and I only lose about 10 PSI over 6 months.

Inner tubes.......

Several years ago they recommended the goodyear butyl rubber tubes to me. Cheaper than the michelin and I only lose about 10 PSI over 6 months.

That's what they recommended to me as well and that is about how much they lose, if not less......

I'll never buy a tire/tube from anyone else but WILKERSON... WOW So I called them on Monday, from London, UK no less and place the order with (I think it was Sara I'm pretty sure) and she says: "Oh, I hope I can get these off to FEDEX today..." Well I get a notice today (Wednesday) that they are out for delivery in Utah.

That is more than enough to win my business and loyalty. While I was on the phone with her, I was being skeptical about making sure that they were the Michelin AirStops and I said Are you sure? She gave me the part number and a quick google said, yup those are the ones.

Thanks Wilkerson and thanks VAF Group!!!

Wilkerson tires

I'll never buy a tire/tube from anyone else but WILKERSON... WOW So I called them on Monday, from London, UK no less and place the order with (I think it was Sara I'm pretty sure) and she says: "Oh, I hope I can get these off to FEDEX today..." Well I get a notice today (Wednesday) that they are out for delivery in Utah. That is more than enough to win my business and loyalty. While I was on the phone with her, I was being skeptical about making sure that they were the Michelin AirStops and I said Are you sure? She gave me the part number and a quick google said, yup those are the ones. Thanks Wilkerson and thanks VAF Group!!!

"When someone tells you who they are, believe them." An adage that applies to many different things.....:)

My airstops from Wilkerson arrived today, 2 days after ordering. $364 including shipping.

I live about 30 mins. from the plant. Bill Jr himself gave the local EAA chapter a tour a year ago and bought everyone lunch. He and his dad are pilots. Bill's grandfather started the business and even invented some machines to retread tires. They mostly do jet tires but what I love about them is they treat us small guys like we were million dollar customers. The retreads are better than new tires. During the last year, I have replaced all my tires and last month, new airstop tubes.