wrongway john

Well Known Member
I’ve heard good things about weep no more, but never get a response back, so anybody have good experience with others? A major leak coming between the seams on first inboard rib, up around the front, not even weeping thru rivets.

I’ve got tank off, along with cover. I’m probably going to have to do it myself, but have my doubts on fixing it, quite a mess removing pro seal inside the access hole, just hoping to slow it down enough to where I can keep plane in my CO hangar for now until I can find someone with more experience than me. Somebody in the D/FW area or within 200 miles of Wichita Falls would be great. But will consider shipping it as well.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

I’ve heard good things about weep no more, but never get a response back, so anybody have good experience with others? A major leak coming between the seams on first inboard rib, up around the front, not even weeping thru rivets.

I’ve got tank off, along with cover. I’m probably going to have to do it myself, but have my doubts on fixing it, quite a mess removing pro seal inside the access hole, just hoping to slow it down enough to where I can keep plane in my CO hangar for now until I can find someone with more experience than me. Somebody in the D/FW area or within 200 miles of Wichita Falls would be great. But will consider shipping it as well.

Thanks in advance for any leads.
Which airplane?

bruceh on here could get you squared away. He is in Ramona CA though.
Larry on here as well don't know his call sign? Both have offered to do fuel tank repairs or have done fuel tank repairs.

Weep no more is no longer doing RVs.

Hope this helps you...

Arnie

Last edited:
I‘ve done this a few times. Trust me, the best way is to just rip off the bandaid. Get the tank repair kit from Van’s…..it’s just some round aluminum that you’ll rivet back to the back plate after the repair with pop rivets (or make your own). I used a 4” circle saw to open up the tank from the back to gain access to everything and pro sealed all the seams (or wherever you need). As far as removing the access plate on the inboard……just use a heat gun and a putty knife. It takes some time but you’ll peel it up eventually. Just be gentle and don’t rush. It may feel daunting but it’s really not that bad. Pulling the tank off is half the work.

Probably not worth shipping it to me from Colorado. Too risky with high potential for damage, etc. I can certainly help walk you through the repair process. It isn't that hard, but you will need to get the Van's tank repair kit(s), a 5" hole saw (harbor freight has this), something to scrape with to clean off the old sealant and PolyGone sealant remover gel from Aircraft Spruce, and some ProSeal to close it up and fix the leaking areas.

I have done a bunch, 4s,6s,8s,10s..there is no shortcut worth taking. Pull the tank and cut access holes. Vans sells the cover plate kits, I make all my own and get the closed end rivets from ACS.

Attachments

• 20230417_181531.jpg
    20230417_181531.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 132
  • 20230312_121643.jpg
    20230312_121643.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 132
  • 20230124_180211.jpg
    20230124_180211.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 132
bruceh on here could get you squared away. He is in Ramona CA though.
Larry on here as well don't know his call sign? Both have offered to do fuel tank repairs or have done fuel tank repairs.

Weep no more is no longer doing RVs.

Hope this helps you...

Arnie
This is Larry. I have done 6 of these repairs over the last year or two. All started cause folks couldn't get weep no more to reply to them. If you can get the tank to chicago, I can reseal it. I take the rear baffle off and strip and reseal from the inside. Guaranteed to be leak free.

PM me if interested.

Larry

Appreciate all the replies, they were helpful. I’m going to try to make this my last month for hangar lease in TX. I’ll hopefully get it fixed good enough to just slightly weep to make trip to southern CO, instead of what it was doing leaking profusely through the inside rib and skin seam. Barring any miracle of me actually fixing it, I’ll certainly be getting in touch with Bruce or Larry soon. Thanks again.

Not sure if Arizona is a possibility, but I Just had my right tank pulled, and resealed by P1 Performance Aviation, Mesa, Arizona, KFFZ, Falcon Field. RV 7a, I’m not the builder. pricey, but effective, and guaranteed. Contact Austin at 480-924-9750.

These folks are in Jasper, Tx. They sealed up a leak on my right tank. No leak now. Nice folks.

Bill

I’ll hopefully get it fixed good enough to just slightly weep to make trip to southern CO, instead of what it was doing leaking profusely through the inside rib and skin seam.

Change your paradigm. Don't try any fix unless you want to. Use the other (good) tank to fly any number of shorter legs to whatever shop you decide to fix the bad tank. JMHO.