My 2016 RV-9A which I purchased in May 2022 has the Ztron NAV/Strobe lights installed. The left strobe quit working recently as well as the strobe light disable function that never worked. I searched the forums now and in the past so I’m well aware of the issues with the lights. I tried finding the company owner, Warren Snyder, using a Google search, but no luck. Does anyone have the original brochures for these lights or other literature that contains a unit wiring diagram maybe? Also, if anyone has a functioning left (red) wingtip unit they would like to sell please PM me. If anyone knows how to contact Warren I would appreciate that info as well. In addition, anyone with experience replacing these lights for another manufacturer I would be interested in which lights you used and how involved the replacement process was for you.

My left Ztron (RED) also crapped a few years ago. Still have the 3 lights in a box with the red one marked BAD.
I did what Bruce did. FlyLeds. Not overly difficult. Have been working fine for years. And Paul provides great customer service. Highly recommend.

Yea I’ve been researching likely replacements including the FlyLeds. Unfortunately my landing light is also a Ztron design in the wingtip not a leading edge design. I think that would entail more modification than I’m willing to undertake at this time. Looking at AeroLEDS instead.

Hi Mike

You'd be looking for our The Works kit then...
Position lights, strobes, and three very bright landing lights designed specifically for aircraft use in each wingtip, versus the single halogen (kitchen) light you have there now.

RV9.jpg

The Works RV9.jpg