What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti-Splat Air/Oil Separator

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - plugging away on the FWF and I am shifting gears to mounting and connecting the Anti-Splat Air/Oil Separator. Anti-Splat recommends mounting the unit high on the firewall on the co-pilot side. This looks like it will fit well, as there isn't a lot of equipment to interfere with in this area.

Does anyone have pictures of what tubing / hoses you used to get from the engine breather fitting over to the Anti-Splat separator?

Thanks,
Jason

Maybe I missed it, but what has changed to make posting pics easier?

Click "Reply", look for the little paperclip at the top of the reply box.

Now that posting photos is a snap on VAF, could you post those Antisplat oil separator photos??

Breather hose routing is the same for any separator can. From breather port to can, always run uphill the whole way. Insulating the breather line by running it inside ordinary fuzzy-lined firesleeve is a good thing, as you want the breather gas to remain as hot as possible.

Last edited:
******SNIP**************
Breather hose routing is the same for any separator can. From breather port to can, always run uphill the whole way. Insulating the breather line by running it inside ordinary fuzzy-lined firesleeve is a good thing, as you want the breather gas to remain as hot as possible.

Thanks for the tip Dan
icon14.gif

Here is how I mounted it for an RV-10. The breather hose came from Anti-Spat as well. It makes a soft 180 degree bend to the engine breather connection. On this install I made an adapter to transition from the engine breather fitting to the hose (the hose was just a little smaller).

Note - I recommend never returning the oil from the separator back to the engine. I collect this oil in an old Brasso can attached to the engine mount. I empty the can every oil change - never had more than 2 or 3 ounces in the can.

Carl
2012-07-13-16-05-15-262.jpg

ASA Oil Separator with battery on Co-Pilot side RV-7

Has anyone mounted the ASA oil separator on a RV-7 with the battery on the co-pilot side? How did you run your tubing??

Here you go Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 167
Back