What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Length of p-mag ignition leads?

chris mitchell

Well Known Member
Please could someone tell me the length of the bottom ignition leads? My p-mags are second-hand, and I suspect date from the days when the ignition leads were made up by the buyer - the top ones seem a bit too long, but the bottom ones are a bit short. Even using the longest one (34 inches), on my o-320 it doesn't quite stretch from the number 1 bottom plug (front right) round to the left hand p-mag.

Many thanks

Chris

Last edited:
Chris.

I have a set of used EMagAir ignintion leads. I will try to remember to measure them tomorrow. If you were stateside I would offer to send them to you for free.

I put all new leads on my Pmags when I had Barrett overhaul my engine last year. While I was caught up in the excitement (nuts) I also had my governor sent to MT, my Pmags sent in for inspection, installed all new TS Flightines hoses, spark plugs, baffle seals, etc. The original leads have aboit 200 hours on them. They have both the Pmag boots and spark plug boots installed on each.

Jim

Last edited:
Jim - Thanks for your reply.

I think my current leads must date from the time when they would have been made up by the original buyer of the mags. I have no idea how many hours they have on them and as the top leads are a bit long and the bottom leads are all a bit short, I surmise that he miscalculated and ran out of wire!

The mags have been serviced/updated by Emagair.

If you can verify that the bottom leads are a bit longer than 34 inches (that's the longest one I have), I'll just get some new ones direct from the factory.

CHris

Back