What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What size door for my RV-14A QB

DoctorDan

Patron
Please forgive this very basic question: I am a first-time builder just finishing up my RV-14A empannage, and have a QB fuselage and wings on order, hopefully for August delivery. I am building in my basement where the only entrance is a standard 30" wide door. I will be installing a new double door and have the choice of 60" or 72" width. I would prefer to go with the smaller size if it will allow me to get the QB fuselage in. Any advice on this? Thanks!

Please forgive this very basic question: I am a first-time builder just finishing up my RV-14A empannage, and have a QB fuselage and wings on order, hopefully for August delivery. I am building in my basement where the only entrance is a standard 30" wide door. I will be installing a new double door and have the choice of 60" or 72" width. I would prefer to go with the smaller size if it will allow me to get the QB fuselage in. Any advice on this? Thanks!

If by double door you mean that both sides will open.... if so, the 60" door will be more than big enough as long as you don't intend to put it on the gear and roll it out. For that, even the 72" width wont be big enough.

Back