What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

annual condition inspection checklist

sheldon957

Has anyone made up an annual condition inspection checklist for the 14? I searched and didn't find one.

I was working on mine and mentioned a particular thing that I did to another RV'er, who was in the middle of his, and he said "Dang, I completely forgot about checking that".

So I thought that a complete checklist, (maybe even with torque values etc. so you don't have to keep pulling out the plans!) would be good.

One thing I do for prevention is every two years replace the O rings on the fuel caps. They don't cost very much and are easy to do.

You may have to write your own.

There are four examples at the bottom of this page. Two are in MSWord so you can edit them to your heart's content.

Every year I edit mine, so it is constantly changing. I now list the tools and consumables / parts I need for each item.

I also list the consumables at the top, so I can pre-order anything I don't have in my hangar prior to starting the Condition Inspection.

That way, I can begin each task with the right tools. I hate walking back and forth to the tool box trying to guess the wrench size.

Best of luck with your Condition Inspection, I hope there are no surprises!

Back